To ensure safe operation of the QASS crack detection device, we recommend annual calibration. A long period of use and the constant strain on the electrical components can cause irregularities in the physical properties of the measuring system. In order to minimize inaccuracy and irregularities a regular calibration should be performed. Only this way we can guarantee constantly precise and reliable results. This way, unnecessary costs for manufacturing errors are prevented beforehand.
During the calibration the following tests and services will carried out on the device:
- Store the customer data
- Store the machine and device data
- Store the internal serial numbers
- Backup settings and the work piece parameters at the device and on the PC
- Check the power supply and if necessary readjust the voltage
- Replacing the battery and compact Flash card (includes the latest software)
- Check of input / output signals with a data logger of QASS
- Verification of interfaces (RS232 and RJ45)
- Functional test of the ActiveX module
- Checking the time / date function
- Inspection of the UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply)
- Checking and recording the CPU – characteristic
- Checking the pre-amplifier ports
- Checking and recording the frequency characteristic of the sensors
The recording of the frequency characteristics (CPU and sensors) is done with the QASS analysis software which sends specific frequencies to the crack detection device and evaluates the response data in the terminal.
Defective modules can be discovered during this inspection and are usually replaced on site. Therefore, production flow and quality are guaranteed.